Thursday, September 24, 2015

How to Entice a Non-Vegetarian Danna in a Creative Way

I've become a full time vegetarian since September 2013, but not my family members. Though I'm still trying to convert them to vegetarian. *teehee*

When I first converted to a vegetarian, I asked myself why there isn't many unique and authentic vegetarian cafe or restaurant around in KL besides vegetarian mixed rice stall. Then I picked up my iPad and began to search the web to look for vegetarian recipes. As I browsed through Instagram, one thing caught my attention, I fell in love with the pictures I saw - Bento. 



Although 98% of them are non-vegetarian. Yet, with these nicely taken pictures, gave me an idea on how to entice my non-veggie danna. I've done a lot of online research, such as referring to Ochikeron's video in Youtube & LittleMissBento's blog. Both of them are very talented in cooking. I noticed that one thing in common for both of them is they actually decorated their food in a very appealing way. That gave an extra point to those not-so-delicious vegetarian food.


I was inspired by all these fascinating and beautiful bento idea. So, I decided to make my own bento in veggie way. I modified their recipes to become vegetarian version. Here are some of my veggie bento collection as a beginner and I think it's not too bad :)



Sorry for the bad angle photos taken.

Everytime I ask the danna "How's the bento today?" and he'll usually reply "Very good!". I know that he's just being polite as he realised my effort in preparing a veggie bento to entice him. I think probably is because there isn't many gravy dishes in the bento. Nevertheless, he has become rather receptive to vegetarian as opposed to previous. I'm so happy because my bento idea works on him!!

Food decorating was fun and not very time consuming. Many of my colleagues always wondered how much time do I usually spend on bento making or how do I find time to prepare the bento. Well, I usually prepare the bento a night before going to work and reheat the bento during lunch hour in the next day. 


Last, if you were me, how would you entice your the other half to become more appreciate your favourite foodie?



No comments:

Post a Comment