Friday, June 19, 2015

Success


The word 'success' connotes different things to different people. It is a subjective matter and the degree to which one achieves success depends on the amount of effort put in. It may be measured in the simplest actions, like crossing the road to arduous tasks like mountain climbing.

To me, success means achieving positive results in whatever I do. I believe in giving my best performance at all times. When I work towards something, I give my mind, body and soul to its completion. I work hard to attain what I want. Finishing a job gives me great satisfaction and boosts my self-esteem. It makes me more confident.

Competition can be both helpful and harmful. On one hand, it may push you to work harder and correct your flaws. On the other hand, it may evoke greed and arrogance. If approached with the right attitude, competition can be an important contributing factor to achieving success.

However, most things in life do not come easy. Not everybody is fortune enough to obtain all that they desire or wish for in life. There will always be times when one becomes disappointed at the results obtained. I do become disheartened and frustrated when I encounter failure. But as I grow older, I have realized that defeat, like success, is also part of life. Both are inseparable. I review my mistakes and make plans to rectify them the next time I undertake a task.

So, what 'success' means to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment